In 1958 the United Steel Company decided to replace the narrow gauge quarry railway at Cottesmore Mines with dumptruck haulage. An internal concrete road was laid out from the quarry, down the escarpment and culminating in a new concrete yard adjacent to the old rotary wagon tippler which was demolished. A new concrete tipping dock for the dumptrucks to discharge ironstone into wagons beneath was constructed. Three Euclid dumptrucks were supplied for haulage whilst a garage and repair shop was erected on adjacent land. The tipping dock ceased to operate in 1964. The image below shows how the tipping dock would have been used to load wagons. The wagon checking platform is also visible.