Ruston and Hornsby first designed these small 4 wheel diesel mechanical shunting locomotives for light factory use in 1936. However it wasn’t until 1937 that the first production examples emerged from the Boultham Works near Lincoln.
The locomotive at the museum is an early example of the type having been built in 1941 being works number 207103. Photo taken upon arrival at the museum in 2021. Privately owned, the restoration of the exhibit is now well advanced and hopefully it will feature in future operational open days at the museum.