WOODEN MINERAL WAGONS
The Museum has assembled a representative wooden wagon train representing the early wagons used in the ironstone quarries from around 1920 to the 1930’s which often containing a mixture of wagon types, styles and sizes. Work is still underway to create this train but we look forward to the early introduction into our operational fleet.
Stanton No.860 – 6-plank mineral wagon
Six-plank side door mineral wagon
Eight plank side, end and bottom door mineral wagon built by Charles Roberts for the Newstead Coal Company Ltd – Blidworth Colliery and registered by the LNER in 1938 as No.11644.
K2 – 1919 Ministry of Munitions Iron Ore Hopper Wagon (later converted into a tool van and awaiting restoration into original configuration).
K1 – 1919 Ministry of Munitions Iron Ore Hopper wagon (later converted into a tool van and awaiting restoration into original configuration).